How much is my MacBook Air worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ufgatorbait, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ufgatorbait macrumors newbie

Hello guys and gals! Could I get your help in selling my first Mac (to upgrade of course :))

I'll be using eBay (avoiding Craigslist for personal reasons) and would like to list as a set price.

Late 2010 Model (purchased from Apple Refurb store)
    1.86 GHz
    128 SSD (Toshiba Model)
    4 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GEFORCE 320M

No dings, scratches, etc.

Am I missing any information that you all may need for estimates?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. Grumbles Guest

According to refurb.me, Apple currently sells the refurbished version of your Air for $999 (not in stock at the moment).

With a refresh on the horizon and this model being almost two years old, I would think $800 may be a good number to hope for. A quick look at some eBay listings seems to see a few likes yours listed in the $800-900 range, not sure if they are actually selling though. A few 2GB versions sold recently in the $600-700 range.

4. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

What GGJ said...

If you are going to sell on eBay, why don't you check your competition?

An often overlooked feature when searching an eBay item: look on the left side panel of a search results window and check the "completed" box. This will reveal what similar spec'd items have recently sold for, and just as revealing, the price items did not sell for.

5. ufgatorbait thread starter macrumors newbie

Grumbles, you rock sir! I was not aware of refurb.me and the info is appreciated. My main issue with pricing is that mine is a refurb vs a MBA that was bought new.