How much is my MacBook Pro worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rainmanbk, Jan 9, 2008.

1. rainmanbk macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

I have a first generation MacBook Pro. I had a few of the common issues, but they were all fixed after I sent it in for repair. Ever since, the machine has been great, aside from getting a little hot while charging or plugged in.

The Specifications are:

Model Name: MacBook Pro 15"
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro1,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
    Processor Speed: 2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 2 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz

I was wondering what I could get for it. It is in perfect shape aesthetically and physically, I received the new battery when they had the exchange program, and I recently received a brand new magsafe power adapter because of fraying on my original. I have the original box and all the items it came with. No scratches, except for a few on the bottom maybe, nothing that can really be avoided from use. The only problem I've had is I had to do a PRAM reset because of a display issue that distorted the colors and made them look all reversed and trippy. Not really sure how to explain, it after I reset the PRAM everything was fine, and has been ever since (like 2 or 3 months).

I know new MacBooks are only like $1000, so I'm not expecting anything close to that. But if I asked like $600 and found someone who'd want it would that be too little?

All opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance! :D

rainman

2. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I would look in eBay for similar models and see how much they are selling to get a ballpark figure....

3. NJPitcher macrumors regular

mac2sell.net lists your computer at worth over 1100 dollars, used powerbooks are going for ~500, so definitely don't take less than 900 or so I would say.

4. rainmanbk thread starter macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

5. NJPitcher macrumors regular