How much is my Macbook worth now??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mox123, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mox123 macrumors 6502

I have a Core2Duo 2.16GHz White Macbook with 2GB RAM, 120GB 5400rpm hard drive, 8x superdrive that I bought July 2007. It is still under first-year limited warranty.

I can sell it with Full Adobe CS3 installed, Office 2008, ILife08, iWork08, Mathematica 6.0, Parallel with installed XP, etc....

How much is my machine worth if I sell it? Is it legal for me to include my programs when i sell it?

Thanks for your help!

2. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

Almost certainly not, unless you include the original, official installer disks and not retain any copies yourself. Even then, there might be small print in the EULA that has something to say on the matter.

Cheers!

Jim

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can certainly sell all programs with your machine if you provide original install discs.

If you have that, even with the CS3 I would say at least $1400 if CS3 is yours and you have the discs. If not, drop that price right down to no more than $1000 at best.

It is $1197 for a white mac book C2D 2.1 with iWork. Add another $50 for the memory (I guess) and then deduct wear and tear etc...

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I never count software when buying hardware. Now that's established, I have that specific model, and I would expect between 800 and 1k for it on eBay, depending on how greedy the buyer was.

5. mox123 thread starter macrumors 6502

darn...i was hoping that i could boost the sale price of mac by including some of my prized licensed softwares....

:(

6. krye macrumors 68000

krye

That never works. Look on eBay. Selling machines will preinstalled software usually means nothing to the buyer (or the final price) since 99% of people look to do an OS reinstall as soon as they get it. They only way you will be able to charge a premium is if you include the original install disks and licenses.

7. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

What were you thinking it was worth with the software?

8. mox123 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was really hoping to fetch at least $1100 for the macbook to subsidize my new MBP purchase...
    :(

9. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Look on ebay for a machine with the same specs.

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

'Price check' threads are limited to the Marketplace forums. Unfortunately mox123, you are not yet eligible to post there as you do not yet have 100 posts. Sorry mate. However, I think pagansoul offers some very sound advice in checking your local eBay past sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.