Price Advice How Much Is My MacBook Worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JGC1986, Aug 17, 2012.

1. JGC1986 macrumors regular

JGC1986

I'm looking to sell my Mid 2010 MacBook Pro. I have upgraded the hard drive to 640GB, and its running the latest OSX 10.8. Its got a full coverage accidental warranty until Jan 2013 through Best Buy.

Just wondering, how much would this machine be worth? Where would the best place to sell it be. I know, there used to be Buy/Sell forums here, but I cannot find them, maybe someone can point me in that direction!

Thanks all for the responses. :cool:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

Marketplace Rules - Mac Guides

3. JGC1986 thread starter macrumors regular

JGC1986

Thanks for the information...I got quite a while to go on the post count though. :(

4. RedCroissant Suspended

What are the actual specs of your MBP? The HDD upgrade is nice, but how much RAM have you installed?

Even though you are offering the machine with OS X 10.8, you can't really do that since the OS license for both Lion and Mountain Lion is tied to an individual's AppleID. And since the original OS on that machine was OS X 10.6.xxx, you'll have to restore it to that point and then offer it up for sale.

5. JGC1986 thread starter macrumors regular

JGC1986

It has 4GB of RAM, but thinking to upgrade to 8GB for about $45, from my research.