How much is my MP worth?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by comatory, Sep 17, 2013.

1. comatory macrumors 6502a

comatory

Just trying to get an idea for what these go for:
    * Mac Pro early 2009 (4,1) purchased in 2010, Quad Core model
    * upgraded CPU to Xeon 2.93 from stock 2.66
    * 32GB of DDR3 RAM (4x8), I will include stock ECC 4GB (2x2)+additional 4GB (1x4) Crucial
    * upgraded GPU from HD4870 to HD5870 (1GB)
    * drives:
    - 128GB Kingston SSD in optical mount
    - 2x500GB Seagates (9 months old)
    - 1x640GB stock Hitachi
    - 1x2TB WD Caviar (6 months old)
    - I will include IcyDock (spring version) compatible with MP internals
    * stock SuperDrive
    * original restore disks (Snow Leopard)
    * wifi and bluetooth enabled

It is in very good cosmetic condition, there's only a slight smudge on the door but nothing serious, no dents and the thing is very silent. Only thing that was changed was failed power supply, it was replaced with original Apple PSU about a year ago I think. I have been very happy with the machine, it is very nice but I am considering something more "consumer" (too much power for me).

EDIT: if this changes anything I'm in EU.

2. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

I'd expect to get at least €1,700 and as much as €2,000 if you can sell it all as a package.

You might be better selling off the drives apart from, say the SSD and 2TB drive, or keep that and sell it with the others. Private, local, sale should be the first thing to try rather than going on auction sites.

3. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

If you still have the original packaging that is worth mentioning too.

Dust the heat-sinks and mention if you are a non-smoking household. These facts can attract a customer who is looking for a clean machine amongst several others of similar spec.

Make sure the keyboard and mouse are clean. I found that a 1" piece of MagicEraser run under a tap and squeezed almost dry does a great job at cleaning a keyboard.

4. comatory thread starter macrumors 6502a

comatory

Thanks for pointers. It was used in nonsmoking environment and I dust it off every few months.
    Unfounately I dont have original packaging but I have custom cardboard box with filling that can be used for transport.