How much is my rMBP 15" (extra gpu) worth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phaselocked, Aug 26, 2016.

1. phaselocked, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016

phaselocked macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

With the new mac book pro's coming up I am planning to sell my rMBP 15".
    I find that mac2sell isn't really updated anymore, I can't even choose my specs & model.
    How do I know how much I can sell it for?

rMPB 15" (late 2013)
    GT 750m (nVidea)
    512 SSD
    16gb RAM
    86% battery health

Thanks!

2. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

you didn't mention your ram so if its 8GB I would say around $1,300 16GB $1,500. Thats just my opinion

3. phaselocked thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes 16gig ram. Okay thanks! I got my first offer for 1900 euro today so I'm more than happy!

4. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

5. jerryk macrumors 68020

Wow that is a lot. I bought a brand new 2015 rMBP 15 with dGPU and 512 for $2,200+ USD

Take the money and run.

6. phaselocked thread starter macrumors newbie

But the prices here in Belgium are a pain in the ass :( We have it in euro, but it doesn't add up to dollar prices. If I want to buy the cheapest 15" rMPB with dGpu it's 2799 euro! That's why many people from here try to buy in America, but they need power converter for the charger. I actually wonder why that is, but's its kinda off topic.

7. jerryk macrumors 68020

Apple want $2499 USD for that configuration. But here you can find it for less from other sellers. For me it was about $50 USB more for a brand new system versus 1 year old Apple refurbished, so I went with new.

BTW, does the warranty work if someone buys a computer in the US and brings it to Belgium? I remember getting a camera from Japan and Canon USA refused to fix it because the serial number was from overseas. They said I would have to send it back to their Japan repair depot.

8. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

I'm pretty sure it would work. I've purchased a MBP on eBay from the US and the warranty was okay when I needed a repair in Canada.

Camera companies are a bit different. Nikon only honours the warranty in the country it was sold in - as long as it's not grey market.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 26, 2016 ---
    I've seen the prices in Europe and they are outrageous!

If you buy a Mac from the US, you only need the duckhead or proper cord for your country because the MacBook charges are 100-240V, at least the ones I have are.

[​IMG]