How much is the first generation selling for?

WinterWolf90

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2014
I am probably going to buy the new alum 44 model, but have a launch release 42 stainless steel model, I do like the leather band I got with ti and was wondering how much the actual watch itself sells for? It can be rather confusing given some people refer to it as a first generation and some said series 0. The price points are all over the place on eBay and apple is offering me $25 which I am sure I can get more than that from it.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I am probably going to buy the new alum 44 model, but have a launch release 42 stainless steel model, I do like the leather band I got with ti and was wondering how much the actual watch itself sells for? It can be rather confusing given some people refer to it as a first generation and some said series 0. The price points are all over the place on eBay and apple is offering me $25 which I am sure I can get more than that from it.
I would sell locally if you can, you might achieve more profit. Depending on condition, you could probably make something around $65-$90. But truthfully, it really depends what somebody is willing to pay, but now that the first generation Apple Watch is discontinued through WatchOS, it’s more difficult to sell.

WinterWolf90

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 18, 2014
I would sell locally if you can, you might and write more profit. Depending on condition, you could probably make something around $65-$90. But truthfully, it really depends what somebody is willing to pay, but now that the first generation Apple Watch is discontinued through WatchOS, it’s more difficult to sell.

I guess if I got $70 for it I would be happy at this point. Without the band. I want to keep the midnight blue leather since its not sold anymore.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Trade in for my original launch watch was only $25. so i’ll just use it for sleeping or if i’m doing something where i’m worried about damaging my new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.