Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b4dwolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2014
The title is not actually a serious question by itself because we don't *really* know yet whether prices will drop and/or the model is going to be discontinued because of a theoretical second model to come out.

This is for all you veteran iPhone users and owners that have been around for quite a while and noticed patterns.

Right now the cheapest eBay worldwide store is selling iPhone 5 64GB for $510
What are the chances that once the iPhone 6 is out, this is going to be the price of the iPhone 5s model?
Any yeah (I think I should note that) I'm talking Factory Unlocked iPhone.

Thank you!

CelestialToys

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2013
up above the streets and houses
I would expect to see similar discounts on the 5s from resellers once the 6 is out, providing everything else is equal ie Apple discontinue the 5s.

Although I think it's possible that the 5s may hang around as the mid range model so you might see it at a similar price point to the 5c...it all really depends on what Apple do as to what the resellers will discount to in order to clear their stocks

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Probably be like $550 for the 16GB model if they follow the current pricing (and don't discontinue the product).

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
You can get an iPhone 5 around the mid to high 200s right now, and most iPhone 5S are going for mid 300 to 500ish. Don't expect the iPhone 5S prices to drop hardly any on eBay. However, you'll be able to find a good deal on there because there is always going to be someone trying to desperately get rid of their iPhone to get the 6. But, even last year after the announcement, the iPhone 5 prices were still holding well. Apple products resell values are pretty amazing.

I know this because I just spent the last two days looking for a mint iPhone 5S online to replace my OPO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.