Price Advice How much is this MacBook Pro worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vojta3476, Aug 4, 2013.

1. vojta3476 macrumors newbie

vojta3476

Basically I'm just curious how much you'd pay for this MacBook Pro. I'm thinking of buying it from a guy on Craigslist for my sister, and have a price point in mind, but want other opinions to see if it's a decent deal. :confused:

13" Mid 2009 MacBook Pro
    2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    4 GB RAM
    160 GB SATA harddrive @ 5400 RPM
    700 charge cycle count on battery (rated to last for 1000 by Apple)
    4300 mAh full charge capacity

I think it's running Mac OS 10.5 Leopard right now but I have a 10.7 Lion install disk that I will put on it.

Comes with the charger but nothing else. Everything works, and it looks to be in fair condition. Some scratches and nicks, but no major cracks or dents.

Full specs page here.

Looking to hear a price range that you think would be reasonable. Thanks in advance for your thoughts/opinions/advice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

You can get a mint version of this laptop on amazon for 600. Give the dents and the almost used up battery I would say 400-500 probably.

3. vojta3476 thread starter macrumors newbie

vojta3476

I assume you're looking here? I see one for $600 but there's $9 and it is used in "very good" condition. Can you link to the mint one you saw?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

5. vojta3476 thread starter macrumors newbie

vojta3476

Yes, I've checked Mac2Sell and eBay very extensively. Not many models with similar specs are sold on eBay anymore, and Mac2Sell has never seemed to be a very reliable source to me. Next to RAM it says "MB," so am I really supposed to type in 4000? Or is that a mistake and it's supposed to say GB? Anyway, it said about $480 I believe.