How much is too much bleeding?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Muscle, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Muscle macrumors regular

Can someone clarify how much bleeding is excessive for the new iMac 27"?

Also, has anyone figured out a way to switch between the built-in speakers and headphones on the fly without unplugging the headphones?

TIA

2. autopoiesis, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013

autopoiesis macrumors newbie

I think it's completely up to what you are willing to accept. My screen looks like this (50% and 100% brightness). There is definitely a bleed in the bottom left corner. 50% of people I asked for advice told me to get an exchange, 50% told me to calm down and to get used to it because it's within tolerance and many iMacs will have this particular issue.

Attached Files:

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You can't, I am not sure about what I am going to say now, could be wrong, some/many inputs output jacks have a switch build in, as soon as you insert the headphones it will disable the other output, this could also be the case on the iMac, if this is the case there is no solution.

Well, actually there is, get a USB audio device like the griffin one, it has both in and outputs but not both at the same time.

Griffin Technology iMic USB Audio Device

4. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

How much you want to accept I guess, apple has a policy on dead pixels but I don't think they have one for screen bleeding. My 2011 has very small bleeding in the bottom right, but not enough to be noticeable on a daily basis.

5. ovrld macrumors newbie

what about alt (or maybe cmd) clicking on the audio/volume icon, in the top right menu? Works for me when switching from speakers to usb headphones and vice versa.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Option-F11 opens up the Audio page in System Preferences, where you can click on your desired output device.

7. Muscle thread starter macrumors regular

The only output device available when I have headphones plugged in is the headphone itself.

Are there any 3rd party apps available that can fix this plug / unplug issue?

8. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Read my earlier post!