Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your TOTAL monthly iPhone bill?

• <$50

Votes: 721 39.4%
  • $50-$75

Votes: 262 14.3%
  • $75-$100

Votes: 237 12.9%
  • $100-$125

Votes: 165 9.0%
  • $125-$150

Votes: 115 6.3%
  • $160-$175

Votes: 53 2.9%
  • $175-$200

Votes: 85 4.6%
  • $200-$250

Votes: 94 5.1%
  • $250-$300

Votes: 39 2.1%
  • >$300

Votes: 61 3.3%

• Total voters

coffeeplease

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2019
$30 on AT&T Prepaid with multi-line discount. 8GB of data and unlimited talk and text which is plenty enough for me. And free roaming when I visit Canada. Data rolls over too if you don't use it all.

tbuzleski

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
How much do you pay for your monthly bill and what do you get for your money?

Rogers-
Unlimited text (picture and video)
700 minutes (Unlimited after 9pm and weekends)
Caller Display
Voicemail
500 MB Data plan
$41.98 per month.

That's all I can think of right now. I don't think I'm forgetting anything.

What about you guys?

5 iPhones, unlimited everything, Verizon, $233

Burebista

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2019
$4 (four)/month gets me:

unlimited calls in the network
300 min calls to other networks
9GB of LTE data

Erehy Dobon

Suspended
Feb 16, 2018
No service
Wow! Americans are so totally being ripped off! I pay approximately $15 a month for unlimited texts and minutes, 8GB of data in the UK, this extends to all of Western Europe!
American cellular service is a poor value in general. It has been so for decades.

I am paying US$16.72 (currently €14.96 or £13.42) monthly to Mint Mobile for their unlimited voice/unlimited text/3GB cellular data prepaid service. Cellular data does not rollover. This MVNO connects to T-Mobile USA's cellular towers. I buy SIM-free, factory unlocked iPhones directly from Apple.

While the cellular data allotment is pretty paltry, it's quite adequate for my specific needs. They offer more expensive plans for more data. Mint Mobile has temporarily made cellular data unlimited due to COVID-19 but I connect to WiFi at home.

When I travel abroad I pick up a short-term eSIM cellular data plan with TruSIM. This eliminates the time wasted on hunting down mobile shops and fiddling with physical SIM chips. They have an acceptable EU plan so if I'm traveling in multiple countries crossing borders is seamless.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
American cellular service is a poor value in general. It has been so for decades.

It's not necessarily great, but it's not as bad as Canada. It's also a little tough to compare directly to places like Europe as four carriers cover the entire country (significantly more people, square miles, and sparse/remote rural areas), so some people are probably subsidizing service for others).

The postpaid vs. prepaid value divide is also a bit ridiculous on some carriers—give up maybe a features and save a lot. However, there's a lot of people that finance phones through their carrier and most prepaid services don't support that, so they also end up paying more for service, too.

Last edited:

travisc555

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2019
$86.79 for my iphone and apple watch. Taxes and fees included. $80.12 after I pay off my iphone in a couple months.
6GB data, unlimited talk & text.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
AT&T post paid. Paying net $35 / month including all taxes and fees. It’s part of a 4 line plan. Unlimited everything.

Hendo999

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2015
Telia Denmark post paid:
119DKK/17USD
Free call
Free data
Free sms/mms
20GB roaming out of Scandinavia

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
I had the unlimited talk/global text and 6 GB plan with Virgin Canada for $50 since 2012 or so, little while back got 13 GB for $60, which they then changed to $65 plus tax. Ported my number to VoiP.ms and now I use Airalo esim - about $37 CAD for 10 GB, or $74 for 20 GB. I buy a US esim when I go (or went, given the current circumstances) there, and local sim cards everywhere else I travel (travelled :(?).

Handsome Flyer

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2020
It's quite different here in the Philippines.

For Php 1799 ~ $35

15GB of data

Unlimited All-Net Text (All 3 carriers)

Unlimited Calls (same carrier required)

100 Mins. All-Net Calls (All 3 carriers)

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
It's quite different here in the Philippines.

Fasincating—aside from the large bucket of data, a lot of other aspects feel like how the carriers in the US were about ten years ago (free mobile-to-mobile calling on the same carrier, free texting across all carriers...might need an add-on, limited calls to landlines or other carriers). I seem to remember that a lot of people would get Verizon or Cingular because "all their friends had it."

When the data plans started being capped, the calling and texting went fully unlimited, but at that point, everyone seemed to care about data. There's some MVNOs that still offer limited calling minutes/texts/data at really low prices, but the main carriers have moved on.

CalmEnvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Going to be moving to my corporate discount soon, $51 + taxes for 20GB/Unlimited Calls/Text for iPhone and Apple Watch.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I pay in full ($180) for a year using Mint Mobile ($15 a month plan). I’ve been using it for a couple of years — works great for me.

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
Just changed my vote to <$50, changed from Verizon to Consumer Cellular. Now paying $27/month unlimited talk and text and 500MB data. Works well for this senior who doesn't travel very often.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
$145 for two iPhones (paid off) on unlimited data plans with Verizon. Not sure which tier but it was the top one when they first introduced the unlimited option.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Fasincating—aside from the large bucket of data, a lot of other aspects feel like how the carriers in the US were about ten years ago (free mobile-to-mobile calling on the same carrier, free texting across all carriers...might need an add-on, limited calls to landlines or other carriers). I seem to remember that a lot of people would get Verizon or Cingular because "all their friends had it."

When the data plans started being capped, the calling and texting went fully unlimited, but at that point, everyone seemed to care about data. There's some MVNOs that still offer limited calling minutes/texts/data at really low prices, but the main carriers have moved on.
That's actually a pretty expensive plan for most Filipinos and likely includes full or partial phone subsidy. I expect majority over there are on prepaid.

If you don't need the entire data allocation available in a short period, you could get something like PHP 500 (~USD 10) load or less and just sign up for promos deductible from the load balance that better suit your usage.

When my parents recently went on vacation, I had them on the following promo and just renewed every week.

PHP 120 (~USD 2.50), 7 day validity
3GB Data (rolls over if plan renewed before expiration)
Unlimited Calls to same network
Unlimited Texts to all networks
Bonus: 1GB daily for select apps/sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc)

Majority of their data usage is Facebook (for calls and messaging with friends) so they barely even touched the 3GB weekly allocation. Off-network calls are charged at $0.15/min but they rarely used it since most of their calls were done through Facebook. They were there for a little over 3 weeks and $15 each covered their entire stay (with ~$4 balance remaining at the end).

dhazeghi

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2006
Wife and I each pay $25/mo for unlimited everything with Visible (Verizon network).

Hadn't heard of them - will have to take a look. Last time I was in the market, most of the really cheap carriers in the US used T-Mobile's network, which in my area is not good.

Currently on Cricket Wireless (AT&T network): $35/mo, unlimited text and talk, 5GB data.

ecschwarz

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2010
Hadn't heard of them - will have to take a look. Last time I was in the market, most of the really cheap carriers in the US used T-Mobile's network, which in my area is not good.

Currently on Cricket Wireless (AT&T network): $35/mo, unlimited text and talk, 5GB data.

Verizon started it is a budget brand back in 2018 with one plan—$40 for unlimited LTE data (no access to the 3G network) and hotspot capped at 5Mbps. They've since lifted the on-device speed cap "temporarily" and the Party Pay feature allows you to join a group where each person pays $25, but no one specifically owns the group (so you can come and go as you please).

I tested it on a second line back in December and it wasn't bad in most places in my area (some 1Mbps moments, plenty of 50+Mbps moments, too), but it seems to be a YMMV due to Verizon's much more aggressive deprioritization for MVNOs and prepaid, some support flakiness, and limited device support (most recent iPhones are fine). It's slowly evolving and kind of reminds me of the early days of Aio/Cricket, where people have either had awesome experiences or terrible and no in-between.

They've also mostly duplicated it and are selling service as Yahoo Mobile, probably because someone at Verizon thought that they bought Yahoo and should use its brand for something

Reactions: dhazeghi

Handsome Flyer

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2020
That's actually a pretty expensive plan for most Filipinos and likely includes full or partial phone subsidy. I expect majority over there are on prepaid.

If you don't need the entire data allocation available in a short period, you could get something like PHP 500 (~USD 10) load or less and just sign up for promos deductible from the load balance that better suit your usage.

When my parents recently went on vacation, I had them on the following promo and just renewed every week.

PHP 120 (~USD 2.50), 7 day validity
3GB Data (rolls over if plan renewed before expiration)
Unlimited Calls to same network
Unlimited Texts to all networks
Bonus: 1GB daily for select apps/sites (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc)

Majority of their data usage is Facebook (for calls and messaging with friends) so they barely even touched the 3GB weekly allocation. Off-network calls are charged at $0.15/min but they rarely used it since most of their calls were done through Facebook. They were there for a little over 3 weeks and $15 each covered their entire stay (with ~$4 balance remaining at the end).

This is so true lol.

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
USA
Sprint
2 Lines, no device payment. Unlimited talk/text/data.
I do have the Apple Watch and line also though. With tax $85/86 a month.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.