How much longer can you wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bbeers, Feb 19, 2008.

?

How much long can you wait for the MacBook Pro updates?

1. 1-2 more Tuesdays

15 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. 3-4 more Tuesdays

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. As long as need be

27 vote(s)
    54.0%
  4. I can't wait any long! iQuit

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. bbeers macrumors regular

bbeers

Just curious how much longer people can wait from the MacBook Pro updates. How many more Tuesdays?

I got 2 more Tuesdays left in me.

2. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Long enough for you newbs to stop making new threads on this topic.

3. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Cha-ching! That's the money quote.

4. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

second that...

5. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Isn't he a regular now? :cool: Give him a break, it is a good question.

6. tip macrumors 6502

tip

Third that. Let's have a stickied speculation thread please.

7. bakerster macrumors regular

its not like theres a magical cut of date where if any of us don't have one (besides work/school) that something crazy will happen.

i can wait until they bring one out, although I would really like one sooner than later!

8. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

1 more tuesday since it is the only tuesday left in my return policy. :( Please let it be this coming tuesday!!

-JoE

9. Mr Maui macrumors 65816

Mr Maui

Obvious response !!!

I believe ALL of us will wait as many more as it takes ... SINCE WE DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!!! Deal with it already!! :eek:

10. xjames macrumors member

one week or bust?

the rumors were that the mbp updates were delayed about a month from macworld.
    Well, its been a month. If there's an event on tuesday and the mbps arent updated then, then its anyones guess... could be another week or months...

so here's hopin'

11. bbeers thread starter macrumors regular

bbeers

Actually some of actually have deadlines. I am in need of a new machine for 3 upcoming projects I have. and I have 3 seprate deadlines to meet. If I wait anylonger I will not be able to meet my deadlines. So I am going to wait two more weeks, and if nothing comes up before then, I will be buying current gen. I was just curious how many people where in a similar situation like mine.

12. YELLOWSOUL macrumors member

me

13. Mr Maui macrumors 65816

Mr Maui

That was my point!! We all will WAIT until Apple releases the new products (since we have no say in the matter) OR we will buy the current product line and live with the decision.

However ... as always ... there will be those who buy, and then whine endlessly on this site and others about how they got "screwed" by Apple for releasing their newest products the day after their return window ended.

Why can't these whiners get it through their heads :confused: that Apple (and other manufacturers of ALL products) will constantly be updating their lines. Buy what is available when you NEED it and accept that TRUTH. :p

14. bbeers thread starter macrumors regular

bbeers

I am completely aware that due to the nature of technology, it will constantly be updating. That is why I do the same thing I have been doing for years. I set a cut off date. I fiugure out when is the absolute last day I can wait and then buy what I can afford then. If I buy a current gen and something gets release right after, I will be dissappoined a little bit, but I won't whine, and I will be happy with what I got.

Before you say then just buy now, I wait untill the last moment possible, just incase. I have not once whinned about the upcoming update. I was simply inquiring as to how many people where like me, and had a drop date as to when they will be purchasing. The current machines are great and I would love one, but I am waiting 2 more weeks just incase. And if I get a current gen I will love it. But what if get lucky?

15. Mr Maui macrumors 65816

Mr Maui

I was responding to YOUR original quote:

It's good that you wait until you need to buy and hope for the best (or that you get lucky with an upgrade), but YOUR original question was how much longer "people" can wait. I simply said they can wait as long as they need to (or are willing to). The post following my original response was concerning what happens EVERY time there is an upgrade ... endless whining by some people who feel they got "burned" (in their own mind) because an upgrade occurred "just after" their purchase.

Your original post never stated you would be satisfied with the current line if an upgrade did not occur within your "two more Tuesdays" window. :rolleyes:

16. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I can wait till June. That I think is 4+ tuesdays.