How much longer does FREE printer promotion offer lasts?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MortalDays, May 30, 2010.

1. MortalDays macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

I am planning to buy a MBP this coming Friday but I just read it somewhere in the forum that the "FREE" printer promotion offer with purchase of a Macbook ends very soon. Does anyone know how long does the FREE printer promotion offer typically lasts?

I am planning to get the MBP w/ education discount w/ FREE ipod touch w/ FREE printer ($100 rebate).

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. I tried calling Apple but they said they don't know since the promotion offer typically ends random during a week.

2. Black.Infinity macrumors 6502

Black.Infinity

don worry they just renew it they have this free printer promo since last year as far as i know

3. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet, Thanks! I am keeping my fingers crossed... the more FREE stuffs Apple offers the BETTER... :D

Gosh, I am so tempted to pick up a Macbook Pro right NOW; unfortunately, I need to wait for my friend to have free time to go to the Apple store w/ me to buy the ipod touch off of me right on the spot when I get the MBP...

FIVE more days, FIVE more days!!! :rolleyes:

If I did the math correctly, I would be getting the base 13" MBP for $926 including tax after all the promotion offers... :cool:

4. hzamani macrumors member

Can you show me the math for that calculation? As far as I know I'll be getting a MBP for 1,100 without tax....

5. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, as you wish...

("+" means money out of my pocket and "-" means money I saved from my promotion offer or money paid to me from my friend.)

Tax EXCLUDED:

1) Macbook Pro w/ Education Discount = +$1099
    2) Free 8gb ipod touch w/ rebate = $199 - $199 = +$0
    - Selling the ipod touch to my friend for = -$180
    3) Free $100 printer w/ rebate = $100 - $100 = $0
    - Selling the printer to my other friend for = -$100

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Total for the Macbook Pro 13" out of my own pocket = +$819 WITHOUT tax

Tax INCLUDED:

1) Macbook Pro w/ Education Discount = +$1189.67
    2) Free 8gb ipod touch w/ rebate = $215.42 - $199 = +$16.42
    - Selling the ipod touch to my friend for = -$180
    3) Free $100 printer w/ rebate = $108.25 - $100 = +$8.25
    - Selling the printer to my other friend for = -$108.25
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Total for the Macbook Pro 13" out of my own pocket = +$926.09 WITH tax

Amazing right? I absolutely taking the advantage of ALL of the Apple promotion offers.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

6. exe163 macrumors regular

It seems to me that you took advantage off your friends more so than the promotion.

7. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Good dealing

NICE!

I tried talking my brother into this sort of deal when his old Dell died, but don't think I was able to convince him to finally see the light and get a Mac. His roommate was playing the devil and somehow talked him into another Dell. He said my deal (or scheme, whichever you prefer) was going to be too much work.

Good job working it all out. Have fun with your new Mac!

8. mdgolom macrumors 6502

Actually the free printer has been going on for years. It will expires and Apple just starts it again.

9. mji1989 macrumors newbie

What do you mean by just renew it?
    I am also going to be buying the 13" 2.4ghz MBP using Back To School offer qualifiying for discounted MAC and Free Ipod.
    "Buy a Mac and a qualifying printer between March 24th and May 26th, "
    If im going to buy this tomorow in store? how do i renew it so i could qualify for the Free Printer?

thanks

10. mji1989 macrumors newbie

Hey mate i think you should get the 3 Years Apple care. Its £46 with the student discount, and worth £200

:)

11. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

Usually never ending

I think the free printer promotion is basically a never ending thing. The current one may end, but then they usually start a new one right away. It seems like sometimes the printer brand/model changes. When my wife got her MacBook last summer she got a Canon printer for free. I got an HP for free with my iMac back in October. If there's not something currently listed, and the people at the Apple Store can't get it for you right now, it may be worth waiting a few days to save a decent chunk of money.

12. MortalDays thread starter macrumors regular

I laughed so hard when I read your comment a moment ago. :rolleyes: I actually giving my friend quite a deal considering I am not charging him with tax... so about $45 savings right there. And I decided at the end to sell the ipod touch 8gb for $190 instead just to be a little bit nicer... haha... :D

Thanks! I am getting it this Saturday morning... can't wait!!! only 1 day away. Time flies by quick! :rolleyes:

Mmmm, I actually called Apple 1800 number myself a week ago, and they said the SAME thing... :cool:

Yup, definitely, it is going to cost me $183 with the education discount which is a pretty good deal. :p I didn't include it within my calculation because tried to make the math a bit simpler... Hehe...

I think you can get ANY printer of your choice no matter what; Apple would just give up to $100 rebate.... at least that's what I heard... :)

Canon MP 560 seems like the best choice right now considering it offers Wifi and scanning w/ copying capabilities for only $149.