How much louder is speaker?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Sep 26, 2017.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

i have an iPhone 7 Plus. How much louder is the 8 plus.

2. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

3. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

I know Apple claims 25% louder with better bass- that’s pretty accurate. The top (earpiece) speaker on the iPhone 7 & 7 plus was never equal in sound volume or clarity to the bottom speaker. Apple mearly fixed this by replacing the top (earpiece) speaker on the 8 series with a higher quality one (almost) equal to the bottom one. I’m happy with the change and it’s one of the main reasons I upgraded. I also had a plus model & a regular 8 and compared the two. Really there’s no difference so I went with the regular: easier to handle day-to-day even though I have XL hands.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's actually 25% louder and added bass according to Apple. And it is a big difference, given that the stereo speakers are fairly loud with the iPhone 7. So the increase is certainly notable with the iPhone 8.

5. Dannehkins macrumors newbie

Can’t comment on the iPhone 7 but I upgraded from the iPhone 6s Plus and the speakers on the iPhone 8 plus are amazing.

I never have any problems now trying to understand what someone has said on the phone either, all loud and clear.