How much memory do apps typically occupy?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chris7777, Jun 16, 2009.

1. chris7777 macrumors 6502

I like several others, am primarily interested in using a touch (or possibly iphone) as a pda. My question is this, how much of the memory is going to be eaten up by apps.
    I would get an iphone but I am really turned off by the exorbitant data rates, and would rather just use wifi primarily for when I do download applications, but if I will end up filling up the device with programs and photos obviously I need to get something larger than the 8 gig.

2. pilotrtc macrumors regular

I have 84 apps, most of which I don't use I must admit but they were all free, and none are bigger than 3MB. According to iTunes, that takes up 150.5MB.

I think everyone's situation is different. Depending on priorities, that will determine what takes up the most room.

3. McShizzel macrumors regular

It depends on the app, you have some that are only a few kb in size to an app like Myst that comes in at 727mb.

For the most part most apps are relatively small but that's not to say as time goes on the complexity and size of apps won't increase but that won't be for a long while.

You'll have to decide how much space you want to allocate for media and apps on the device.