How much memory does your iPad show in SB Settings?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by MattWylde, May 16, 2010.

1. MattWylde macrumors regular

I'm curious as to how much RAM everyone's iPad is showing via SB Settings. I can usually get around 120-145MB of RAM available on my iPhone when I'm not running any apps other than Phone, Mail, and iPod. However, my iPad only shows that I have 75MB available when the only app running is Mail. All of the Cydia apps that might be running in the background on my iPad are also installed on my iPhone, plus my phone has all of the non-compatible Cydia apps installed that can't run on my iPad. So, since the 2 devices have the same amount of RAM hardware, I would expect that the iPhone would have less memory available than the iPad would.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm considering doing a restore and re-jailbreaking, but obviously not if this is a problem across the board.

Your input is appreciated.

2. Kapetan macrumors newbie

How did you get 140 MB on iPhone??? Virtual mem app maybe?

I have arround 140MB free without any running app on iPad. With Mail, iPod, Safari or Videos I get between 70-100mb free showed in SBSettings.

And I have only app that are made actually for iPad. No iPhone app on my iPad :cool:

3. MattWylde thread starter macrumors regular

I don't use the VM app on my iPhone. Typically I have around 122MB free with the normal Apple apps running. I'm on 3.1.2 and my phone is very very stable. The battery life on my phone has really been excellent too.

Like you, I don't have the iPhone Cydia apps installed on my iPad. I have very few overall Cydia apps in comparison to my phone. Basically I have SB Settings, Backgrounder, Activator, Music Controls, Push Mail SB Setting Toggle, SP Central, and FG Central on my iPad. I had installed Categories and used it for about a week. After being annoyed that the folders don't rotate to landscape, I took my apps out of folders and removed Categories.

I can only open like 2 safari tabs before they start refreshing. That's not very satisfactory to me, so that is why I'm here looking for possible solutions.

4. itskristian macrumors newbie

54mb here, backgrounding Pandora w/ Safari. Still works like a breeze.

5. Kapetan macrumors newbie

No backgrounder, activator, push mail sb toggle or similar. I don't know maybe you should uninstall some last installed apps and then see. Restore is something that will fix things for sure but I'll leave it for last option.

Here is how I'm doing. I am using iPad all day not cheching memory so often. Playing games, surfing, push mail is always on etc. At the and of day I clean up memory. At that moment free is arround 60-70 mb or even 90.

My advise is that You should not concern about free mem if apps are running fine and everything works.

6. Martinsalas310 macrumors regular

39 here I'm Using email backgrounding pandora and using Internet..I stopped email and Cleaned I'm still using pandora being on background and using safari and it's now 66

7. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

W/o backgrounding anything 48-68ish. Idk why it's always so low