How much... [mid 2011 air]

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sareece, Aug 21, 2013.

1. sareece macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about selling my mid 2011 air to upgrade. I try to do this so I can at least recoup some funds w/o falling to far behind in upgrades.

I have a 13" mid 2011, w/ 1.7 ghz, 4 ram & 256 flash. Great condition, no scratches, dings or cosmetic wear. How much do you think I can get. Paid $1,500ish, then.

I also have a new booq viper sleeve (sand) that I don't care for.

Thanks.

2. mattferg macrumors 6502

Unless you're desperate for more battery life, I wouldn't upgrade to this year's Air, I'd wait another 12 months. It's not much more powerful than the Sandy Bridge model, but next year with the core shrink it should be much better :)

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

4. sareece thread starter macrumors newbie

5. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

If you....

want to sell the Air right now, I would say $900-1100. If AppleCare present, that can help towards a better price, IMHO. Also the good care of the machine and the absence of functional issues (as you had stated).

:):apple: