How much money do you make with AdSense?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by adamvk, Jan 6, 2010.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

Well, my site is now registered on AdSense, and I can now start making money. My question is, on average, how much do you make a day? So far I've gotten 3 clicks, and it says $0.82.

www.camerafocalpoint.com

And, by the way, what is a good (free) SEO service to use? I used a free one on my personal site that worked REALLY well, but I forgot what/where it was.

2. solusoracle macrumors member

Bear in mind that discussing actual figures is often considered to be against Google's TOS and can get you kicked off the AdSense scheme!

My website which is now 4 years old and in dire need of a relaunch and some marketing of its own gets a CTR of roughly 2%. Unfortunately, I don't get as many visitors as I used to when the site was fresh so this now translates into roughly $1 a week (still happy as it covers the cost of my server which also has other websites)

Consider focusing content to get the highest PPC ads to be displayed. 1 click on a 50c ad is better than 4 clicks at 10c.

As for SEO... yourself and good content is by far the best type available.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

AdSense isn't worth the annoyance unless you have a lot of traffic.

4. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

But I've made a whole $0.82 so far!!

No, really it was just an experiment. I've always wondered how well it works, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'll keep it for a little while unless I make hardly any money.

One odd thing I noticed was that after 2 clicks, I made $0.82, and when I had 4 clicks, the number didn't change at all.

5. p0intblank macrumors 68030

If you have a good following and promote your website correctly, you can actually bring in a pretty good amount. Applying ads to your videos on YouTube also helps a lot.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Different ads can net you different amounts of money, although $0.00 I don't remember seeing during the short time I used it.

7. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Heres some proof. Its odd.

Attached Files:

8. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

It really isn't, I agree, and even then stop and consider the impact it will have on credibility and image. true, AdWords are ubiquitous and most see them and dismiss them quickly enough but therein lies the problem. A good share of the people who really notice them won't be affected for the better.

Having AdWords on your site, I think, takes it down several pegs on the credibility scale.

9. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Thanks for the advice. I am currently rethinking my site on a big scale. I think I'm going to completely re-design the site, and take away the ads in the process. I agree with your comment on credibility. I just wanted to see how well AdSense worked. If down the line in several years the site is very successful, then maybe I will re-add AdSense if I can make a lot of money doing so.

10. star-fish macrumors regular

Google loves it when you use their services, so using AdSense may well boost your SEO a bit.

If you're doing it solely for the money though, then it's not worth it unless you have a big following.

Then again, it's free money, so why not? And nothing beats getting a cheque from Google in the mail, it's awesome ;)

11. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Yea, the issue is that you have to make at least $100 until they send you any money. The last 2 weeks or so my site has been getting "heavy traffic," and so far I've only made about $6. I don't think its worth it until I heavy traffic steadily.

12. addaminsane macrumors member

addaminsane

i agree, adsense isn't worth the annoyance unless you've already established you're website and its getting alot of traffic. Otherwise it can cripple it from ever growing, because visitors will just view it as a uncredible spammy site.

13. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3 types of ads

- pay per view
    - pay per click
    - commission

Google is first two type I think.
    Each individual ad would have different price anyway. Some are pennies per click, some are very high value per click.

14. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ok, I assumed thats the way it worked, but thank you for confirming it.