How much power does Steve Jobs really have?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mad Mac Maniac, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    It seems like Steve always gets all the credit/blame for every single aspect of the HUGE corparation of Apple. When people complain about the app store restrictions. When a new product is unveiled. When suspected products don't become unveiled. When things are delayed. Basically any action at all.

Steve is so... ingenius, controlling, picky, etc. Steve doesn't like buttons, he likes X he likes Y.

I know Steve as CEO is sort of the face of Apple, but does he really have that much power/control of every project and aspect of every design. I know he can control a lot, but sometimes I feel like he is more figurehead than anything. Kind of like how a King of England used to have ultimate power, but now the King of England is really more of a figurehead than a dictator. Do other CEOs really have the same level of identification for their company as Steve?

2. TSE macrumors 68030

There are stories of Steve Jobs holding off products until they are absolutely perfect to his standard, or canning products at the last minute because he simply doesn't like it.

He has legitimate power.