How much RAM in the new (7th gen) iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThomasJL, May 29, 2019.

1. ThomasJL macrumors 6502a

How much RAM is in the new 7th generation iPod touch?

2. redheeler macrumors 604

redheeler

Very likely 2 GB (same as the iPhone 7), though it hasn't been confirmed for sure.

3. Jerhen macrumors regular

If you watch this review until the end when they run the geek bench it looks like 2GB.

4. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

Yep just saw that video and if you pause at just the right second you can see that available memory is 1.96 GB, so 2 GB it is. It also appears to be underclocked to 1.6 GHz and has CPU performance comparable to the A9 in the 6s or SE.

5. mikehalloran macrumors 65816

Updating multiple apps (more than 3 or 4 at a time) crashes my Touch 6. With my other iOS devices, I can just hit Update All and it does. I've always blamed that on the 1GB RAM. So, 2G and faster chip is good but I have no compelling reason to upgrade mine to the latest and greatest.

To preserve battery life, I never allow Auto Update or background processing. It's the only way I can get the "almost 40 hours" of music playback promised by Apple—and I do...almost.

I still have my decommissioned iPhone 7+ and had the $29 battery special done last December. My first thought upon replacing it as my phone was, "Now I have an iPod with truly decent battery life". I use it for field recording, audio and video. I tried using my Touch 6 for this but battery life was horrible—if I got 2 hours with the Shure MOTIV video app, that was good. Now the 7+ gets that duty.

6. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502a

Is that a camera flash on the Touch? Seems odd that they would put one on an iPod but not any of the non-Pro iPads.

7. Gravydog316 macrumors 6502

Gravydog316

Always been like that. Flash/flashlight on iPod, not old iPads