How much screen real-estate can the MacBook handle?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Chandler Adaway, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Chandler Adaway macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

I'm currently looking at 24-30" monitors for my MacBook whenever I buy one (if the new ones ever come out :mad:).
    How much can it handle?
    Could it handle duel monitors?
    How big can I go?

Do you think the new MacBooks would be able to handle more?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

The current MacBook can support up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on an external display.

...That translates to the highest respolution supported by the 24" Apple Cinema display.

3. Chandler Adaway thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

Hm, well I don't need the quality of the ACD that Apple provides, and certainly can not justify spending that much on a monitor (assuming I'm purchasing new). However, I'm a sucker for the Apple logo and I'm still indecisive of whether or not to get another monitor other than Apple's 23" ACD or not.

Just browsing Dell's site, this caught my eye.
    http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=223-9379
    Kind of ugly in my opinion though.

4. Chandler Adaway thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chandler Adaway

If your referring to me being a sucker for anything with an Apple logo on it, you are completely correct.
    I know it's not good to do that, but I'm the metal, and Apple is a REALLY strong magnet taking my money away! :p

I'm also a sucker for anything that LOOKS good sitting on my desk, and gosh, when thinking about a 23in Apple display sitting on my desk the word heaven comes to mind. Then I see the price.

But hey, I'm just one of those people that will pay for looks and an Apple logo.
    But the monitor itself isn't bad, it's just not worth THAT much money in my opinion.

5. Mpulsive81 macrumors 6502

What about the core duo? I've got the original CD 2.0GHz and i'm looking for a external monitor. So far, other than the ACD 20"/23" my choices have been:

Dell 22" Ultrasharp 2298WFP
    Dell 22: SP2208WFP (comes w/ built in webcam...i wonder if the webcam would work with my mac???)
    BenQ V2400W (ouch that's pricey!)

any thoughts or suggestions?

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The MB doesn't have a dual-link TDMS, so 2048x1536 is high as you can go.