Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

L T

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
UK
Back in May my mum wanted to get an iPad, she threw £200 at me, told me to go buy a new one and she had my iPad 2 from me. So I went and bought an iPad mini just because I needed one. I had wanted to keep my iPad 2 until the iPad 5 was out.

I bought a 32GB iPad mini in white and a red smart cover for it. Now I find the an iPad does not suit my needs and I am going to purchase a MBA 11 inch for my needs when I am away from my Mac mini.

So I need price advice, how much can I get for my mini? Its in top condition, only just over 2 months old. I still have the original wrapping and box for it. In the UK by the way.

To comply with the rules: I'm not looking for offers to buy this from me, just advise on the price.

tgi

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2012
Direct from Apple refurb store is $359.00.

You should expect $320~ depending on where you sell (locally or eBay).

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

L T

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
UK
Does the fact that it still has about 10 months of standard warranty left have any value?

Last edited:

L T

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
UK
The standard warranty can carry over to a new buyer then? How would I make that work, just give them the receipt?

lewdvig

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
South Pole
The standard warranty can carry over to a new buyer then? How would I make that work, just give them the receipt?

It follows the serial number, no receipt needed. Very rare that they want proof of purchase - they will ask sometimes for applecare+ not bought at Apple Store because there are fraudulent craigslist applecare+ sellers.

Yet another way Apple makes the life of its customers easier.

L T

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2013
UK
Oh ok, thanks guys.

The UK refurb store sells them at £299 so I won't be able to get anymore than that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.