Price Advice How much should I charge for my cMBP 13" ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by comics addict, Aug 13, 2013.

1. comics addict macrumors 6502a

I am thinking about selling my MBP 13" mid-2012 with:

-Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz
    -4GB(2x2, 1600MHz,DDR3 SDRAM) and/or 8GB(2X4)
    -500 GB HDD 5400rpm and/or OWC SSD 240 GB
    -Apple Remote
    -6 months left of it's limited warranty with 2+ years of AppleCare

Possibly:
    -Aqua-colored, clear protective case

Above I am debating between including the upgraded parts with the sellout or sell them separate. The reason is I am thinking about choosing a MBA 13" with the Haswell CPU and it's 'massive' battery improvement. What would you do in my situation ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. comics addict thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi, thanks for responding. I'll certainly have a look around. :)

4. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

I have two ideas.....

about how to price your computer:

1-See if you can find some refurb in the Apple Store with similar specs (not upgraded) and get a 25% off from that computer price.

2-I would say $900-1200 if the computer dont have cosmetic or functional issues.

I would sell the upgraded parts separated from the computer with the original hardware. Not too many people are eager to pay for the upgrades or dont understand properly the value of them....

:):apple:

5. comics addict thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interesting tip... I'll keep it in mind. Thanks. :D

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

900-1100. Most consumers don't care about the upgraded parts. Having AC helps though, but you could always advertise it without AC and get a prorated refund on it.

7. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Amazon vs eBay vs Craigslist

IMO selling on eBay is junk. 10% seller fee and 3.5% paypal fee. That's almost 20% with shipping charges. Recently I sold a MacBook Air on Amazon, and it was a 6% fee, and a $7 dollar credit against shipping. Only downside is that amazon holds your money for 2 weeks after you ship (they let you use the money for shipping tho) in case of chargebacks, complaints, shipping damages, etc. Craigslist is good too, but I hate when people offer me like half of what I set the price to, as that doesn't usually happen online. Just my $0.02. Your 2012 MBP with AppleCare and those upgrades is worth $1000. Would be worth more, but September is right around the corner. :)