how much should i pay for a 4gb iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flyguy206, Aug 7, 2008.

1. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

2. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

depends on the condition, if it looks like it went through Vietnam then id say 20 bucks. But if its looking new and is in good condition it really depends on the seller. I got my phone at a sick deal through a friend, so find that out and do some research. Check ebay and see what they are going for.

3. jciapara macrumors regular

on Ebay?

On Ebay if it's mint condition they are around 300 USD with some extra accesories maybe, but they can go as High as 350 (again mint condition). I recommend you that if you're buying on Ebay, look for Locked phones and then unlock it yourself (quite easy), look for phone which do not have 2.0 Software unlocked on it (then put it yourself) or look for the ones that have 2.0 Locked Firmware, this is because people on Ebay tend to bid more on phones already unlocked and if it has the 2.0 firmware, many people on Ebay don't know that is already unlockable. Anyway, my friend just bought one 4GB on Ebay for 280 Free Shipping, you should really look for many auctions till you find the right one. Or you can try craiglist, you might find cheaper ones there. Good Luck!

4. flyguy206 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you i am only trying to spend 50$ you think that is possible.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

6. jciapara macrumors regular

I don't think you'll find a $50 iPhone, even if the screen is broken they go for more than that. Unless you have a friend who is willing to forfeit the $200+ more he could get on Ebay. Why don't you save some more and then buy it, meanwhile if you don't have any phone right now, you can buy one of those $10 ones, while you save for your iPhone. Good luck!

7. flyguy206 thread starter macrumors 6502a

8. jciapara macrumors regular

New iPhone 3G is $199 because you have to commit to a 2 year contract in which AT&T get the other $400+ the iPhone really costs. The iPhone 3G is not easily unlockable which makes the 2G iPhone more appealing to the majority of people, plus the fact that the 3G iPhone on Ebay costs a Fortune ($1000+). Don't try to understand the Market. Is not what you think the price should be that determines the actual price, but the demand of a product dictates the price. Good luck

9. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Because

1) you can get a 4GB without a contract
    2) You can unlock it
    3) Demand is high

You won't find a 1st gen iphone for less than $200 even if its broken. Hell I have one that won't power up (8GB) and its running at $72 on ebay right now...

10. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

If you're willing to use it on AT&T you might at well just get the new one.

11. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

if your looking to spend $50 for an iPhone you should not get an iPhone because chances are you can't afford the monthly service either.

12. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

You are little slow there buddy...did you just Google and discovered 3G?

3G is quite restricted and at this point if you travel around the world, best bet is probably first gen.

13. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Because it can be unlocked. You don't have a chance in hell of getting one anywhere close to that price... keep dreaming

14. phaggard macrumors regular

I just sold mine for $330 on Ebay. That's what they are going for at least for now.