How much should i sell a month old iBook G4 for?

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
I am possibly looking to sell my 12" iBook G4 with - 512 ram , airport, 1.2ghz , combo drive, 30 g har drive etc. with carry case/bag. perfect condition with no scratchers etc. It comes will all disks, box, packaging and paper work - including receipt. Still has nearly a years waranty left. how much is this worth? (and if anyone wants to make an offer i dont mind)

ps hope this in right forum :confused: and its in the UK

Little Endian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2003
Honolulu
$800 USD sounds about right. You may be able to find someone to pay around $900 for your ibook but nothing more. Apple Refurb and EDU pricing for your config is about $900 so anything more than $900 and most people would just rather buy new, refurb. or EDU.

Comment

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Somewhere between $800 and $900. You could buy a better machine then that for like a hunded more. So i think thats a reasonable price. Check out ebay and see what other people are selling them for. Why do you want to sell it? Please tel me your getting a bigger and better computer.

Comment

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
JzzTrump22 said:
Somewhere between $800 and $900. You could buy a better machine then that for like a hunded more. So i think thats a reasonable price. Check out ebay and see what other people are selling them for. Why do you want to sell it? Please tel me your getting a bigger and better computer.
I possibly will get an iMac instead, and then when I go to uni (summer '06) get an iBook - hopefully by then an G5 ibook

Comment

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
john_satc said:
I possibly will get an iMac instead, and then when I go to uni (summer '06) get an iBook - hopefully by then an G5 ibook
G5 ibook, ha ha ha ha, that is funny. G5 ibook in a little more than a year, pass me some of that..

Comment

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
jared_kipe said:
G5 ibook, ha ha ha ha, that is funny. G5 ibook in a little more than a year, pass me some of that..
Thanks 4 all uze being supportive to a man newbie.

I have read quite a few posts on here with experienced mac users mocking new people, it shows just how friendly some of you are. It is a shame as it clouds over the nice people on this forum who actually want to help rather than try and look smart and funny.

Comment

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2004
john_satc said:

I have read quite a few posts on here with experienced mac users mocking new people, it shows just how friendly some of you are. It is a shame as it clouds over the nice people on this forum who actually want to help rather than try and look smart and funny.
Ok well then let me break this to you gently. G5 ibook=not gonna happen. The g5 might not even make its way into a laptop let alone an ibook. My advice to you is keep the ibook you have because in a year they wont be much different or better. And go buy that imac you want. ;) :p

Comment

shortyman

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2005
Somerset, UK
john_satc said:

Don't worry too much bud, he's only joking! Through my short experience with MacRumors I have to say that its community is great.

:)

Comment

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
alrite yeah, i probs overeracted

anyway, i have decided to stick with my ibook

i made the G5 comments as i have seen on others sights people mention them... i dont know what you may all know about computers but i can rival any of use on sex and the city ;)

Comment

eleveneastgate

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
Good Choice!

john_satc said:
anyway, i have decided to stick with my ibook
NICE! I think you've made a wise choice, iB's are great for travelling & school, and you get a better Airport signal with them than the PB's.

BTW, don't let some people here get you down. I agree some can be impatient with "newbies". Hey, at least you got an answer. Some won't even give you the time of day. :confused:

I advise you do a "search" if your interested in a topic before you post. :D

Peace!

Comment

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
eleveneastgate said:
NICE! I think you've made a wise choice, iB's are great for travelling & school, and you get a better Airport signal with them than the PB's.

BTW, don't let some people here get you down. I agree some can be impatient with "newbies". Hey, at least you got an answer. Some won't even give you the time of day. :confused:

I advise you do a "search" if your interested in a topic before you post. :D

Peace!
i tried as search to see how much people were selling their ibooks for (uk only) and got one result worth it.
anyway, thanks 4 your help!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.