How much should I sell my '07 iMac it for???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andrew0122, Feb 8, 2010.

1. andrew0122 macrumors regular

I am currently plagued with several options. I have a REV. C iMac from Nov. 2007. Specs: Intel 2.8 Core 2 Duo Extreme, 3 GB of 667MHz RAM, 750GB Hard Disk ATI 256MB HD2600 Pro with the latest 10.6.2 updates along with iLife '09 in near perfect condition.

Now on to my "dilemma": My neighbors really admire my iMac and want to buy it allowing me to buy a new 27" iCore 7. I have looked around on the web and the closest to my model (Although it has a smaller HD at 320GB and one less GB of ram) prices it around $1,200. I'd like to know if that is asking too much or too little. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I originally bought it new for $2,300.

Option 1: If I can agree on a price with them I have been contemplating buying a new iMac iCore 7

Option 2: Keep my iMac and purchasing a new unibody MacBook Pro hopefully a 13" i5 if they ever announce them. . .

Option 3: With my income tax refund sell my iMac to the neighbors and buy both a new iMac and a new MacBook Pro. My least favorite option though. . .

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. BoyRacer macrumors member

I'd never consider paying more than half the price of the current similarly-sized-screen iMac, including tax and shipping.

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Id say that $1200 is actually an alright price for that machine because it is relatively high-end, even by todays standards (that is coming from someone who still uses a G4/450 as a production machine however. :) )