Price Advice How much should I sell my fully upgraded macbook pro for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theashbhat, Aug 31, 2012.

1. theashbhat macrumors newbie

I have a 2011 Early Macbook Pro 13" that I have fully customized. Below are the specs. I'm considering upgrading for the new retina macbook pro 15". How much would the current macbook I have sell for?

Specs:
    Mountain Lion
    16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Ram
    1.07 TB (750 GB Solid State Hard Drive + 320 GB Stock Harddrive Combo)(has a 22 second bootup time)
    i5 2.3 GHz
    Tons of software w/ keys (not pirated) Adobe Suite Master 5.5, Adobe PS 6, iWork '09, Microsoft Office '11 and more

I'm thinking ebay as my method of selling it. I want to get an estimate before I do so though.

Thanks!
    Ash
    @theashbhat

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I honestly have no idea on a fair price considering all of the software and the SSD, but I don't know how much luck you will have selling that - seems like your market will be very limited with such large upgrades and expensive included software, plus the fact that it has been modified with a second storage drive in place of the optical drive.

I'm not trying to discourage you from selling it, I just think maybe you may want to consider these points for dedicating yourself to it.

3. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

2k atleast. if only for the solid state drive.even more for all the software on it. sell it for like 2.2k if you can.though with all the stuff on it, you will have trouble selling it due to a small market. you could revert it to stock and sell it.

4. Orlandoech, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012

Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Bujahahaha at 2k. You'll be lucky to get $1300.

People don't care about software and the fact you "modded" it with the optibay doesn't increase value, it only scares people because you tampered with the device.

16gb ram new is $80-$120. Used sell you'd be lucky to get $50-$60 for ram. The hybrid drive is worth $150 new.

A refurb 2011 base 13" goes for $900 with one year warranty and AppleCare eligible.

Also selling software you once Owned is illegal and against almost all software Eula's.

5. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

I'd say you could get roughly $1500, I'd recommend posting it as a buy it now. (2k is a bit exaggerated)