How much should I sell my power mac?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by maclancer, May 22, 2016.

1. maclancer macrumors regular

I have a dual G4 1.42ghz MDD, 2GB RAM, two 80GB HDD, 128MB Nvidia TI with MAC OS Leopard in great condition?

2. Possumgal macrumors member

Possumgal

Check eBay to find out what they are going for currently. Be sure to check out ones that have already sold and see what they actually sell for, not what the seller is asking. If there are any on Craigslist in your area, that would be a great place to look also.

3. weckart macrumors 68040

I have seen them go unsold on eBay for as little as £10 starting price. On the other hand, advertise it as an Intel G5 Powermac MDD running Snow Leopard and you can ask for $1,000s on Craiglist. Apparently.

4. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

Its heavy, your gonna want to sell local or you will scare off most buyers with shipping alone.

5. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I can vouch for this scare thing.
    Several years ago on a G4-Cube forum I offered up a good operating G4 Cube + speakers and power supply free, just pay the shipping.
    Right away I got a ton of PM's all saying they were interested, that was until each and every one of them found out what the shipping was going to cost.
    Suddenly they all just disappeared.

6. havokalien macrumors 6502a

havokalien

for 40 pounds its starts at 50 and approaches infinity depending on distance.

7. Johnny365 macrumors regular

Johnny365

This guy is asking $200, which I doubt is worth that much. He kept saying how it's fully upgraded and wouldn't budge on price.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/sys/5576009010.html

1.5 GB RAM, and two 120 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard drives and an additional Firewire / USB PCI card
    Equipped with 2X DVD-R/CD-RW "SuperDrive", 4X AGP NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX TwinView graphics card and was upgraded w/ an additional ATI VGA graphics card capable for powering dual displays.

8. maclancer thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply guys.... I guess I will have to keep it under $200 dollars. I was thinking to sell it $275 but I guess is too much money.

9. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Yeah, these pretty much dropped in value, considering they are over a decade old, and the only 'user friendly' OS is about the same age.