Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

How much should I sell my power mac?

Possumgal

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2015
N. Central Arkansas
Check eBay to find out what they are going for currently. Be sure to check out ones that have already sold and see what they actually sell for, not what the seller is asking. If there are any on Craigslist in your area, that would be a great place to look also.

Comment

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I have seen them go unsold on eBay for as little as £10 starting price. On the other hand, advertise it as an Intel G5 Powermac MDD running Snow Leopard and you can ask for $1,000s on Craiglist. Apparently.

Reactions: Hastings101
Comment

jbarley

Contributor
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Its heavy, your gonna want to sell local or you will scare off most buyers with shipping alone.
I can vouch for this scare thing.
Several years ago on a G4-Cube forum I offered up a good operating G4 Cube + speakers and power supply free, just pay the shipping.
Right away I got a ton of PM's all saying they were interested, that was until each and every one of them found out what the shipping was going to cost.
Suddenly they all just disappeared.

Comment

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
This guy is asking $200, which I doubt is worth that much. He kept saying how it's fully upgraded and wouldn't budge on price.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/sys/5576009010.html

1.5 GB RAM, and two 120 GB Ultra ATA/66 hard drives and an additional Firewire / USB PCI card
Equipped with 2X DVD-R/CD-RW "SuperDrive", 4X AGP NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX TwinView graphics card and was upgraded w/ an additional ATI VGA graphics card capable for powering dual displays.

Comment

maclancer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks for the reply guys.... I guess I will have to keep it under $200 dollars. I was thinking to sell it $275 but I guess is too much money.

Comment

128keaton

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2013
Thanks for the reply guys.... I guess I will have to keep it under $200 dollars. I was thinking to sell it $275 but I guess is too much money.
Yeah, these pretty much dropped in value, considering they are over a decade old, and the only 'user friendly' OS is about the same age.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.