How much should I sell my used macbook pro for?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by watermelon, Feb 10, 2008.

1. watermelon macrumors regular

Hiiii...

I bought my macbook pro in july and i no longer really use it, so i was thinking of selling it on craigslist.
    Its 17" and has the 2.4ghz santa rosa processor, 4gb of ram, and a 160gb hard drive. The keyboard has just been replaced, along with the casing around the keyboard, the screen, and the screen casing, so its all looks brand new. The bottom casing is a little scratched up and bent, though. It has leopard on it, so I was wondering how much i should sell it for. It would cost probably over $4K o the apple website. Also, I should probably sell it soon, since the new ones are coming out soon!

Thanksss!:cool::cool::cool:

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Is this one with a hi-res screen or standard sized screen ?

If your looking to buy a new MBP then yes you probably had better sell this one before the next version comes out.

3. schreck macrumors regular

Many people will probably be annoyed with me saying this, but I honestly don't think you should sell your laptop yet. If I were you, I'd wait for Montevina. The updates with that platform change will be much more substantial in terms of performance increases.

Yes, I know it's stupid to continue the waiting process, but I'm just saying she/he should wait for a larger upgrade as she/he already has a pretty beastly machine.

4. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

But the value will drop more over that amount of time ;)

I do agree with you though, Montevina looks set to be great.

5. watermelon thread starter macrumors regular

Its the low res. version.