How much should we expect the 2016 13" MacBook Pro to cost

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jtsang777, Sep 24, 2016.

?

How much will the 2016 13" Macbook Pro cost?

1. It's going to cost the same

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  2. It's going to cost more than 2015 13" MacBook Pro

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. jtsang777 macrumors member

I remember when the first retina MacBook Pro 13" came out it was $1699, do you think it will be more expensive than the current models?

2. mrex macrumors 68020

mrex

I dont think so. Unless they changed something dramatically, like adding dgpu into 13"...

There are so many powerful ultrabooks on the market already.

3. addictive macrumors regular

Apple mainly keep the prices the same or similar just update the tech specs. This only changes if Apple introduce something which changes the products significantly like a Retina display. I expect Apple will keep the new MacBook Pros at a similar price point they are now.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its going to cost the same, Apple isn't going to cut the prices, they hardly ever do that, and raising the price would be ludicrous for them, so that means keeping it the same.

They may offer more computer for that price however, kind of like what they did with the iPhone.

5. max.ine macrumors regular

I hope you're right. The 13" rMBPs start at $1549 here in Canada... It's a little bit ridiculous.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I can't estimate what currency fluctuations will do with regard to pricing, but the USD pricing should stay the same