how much size difference between mb and mbp?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bevo, Nov 8, 2007.

1. bevo macrumors regular

There is like a 0.4 kg? difference between the 2 notebooks, but how much bigger is the macbook pro? even though the macbook has a 13" screen, it seems like its almost as big as mbp?

I'd check one out in person, but I'm living in the boonies and its a 3 hour drive to the closest store with them in stock.

2. primusrocks macrumors newbie

primusrocks

If money isnt an issue then i would defiantly go for the MBP. I have one and i cant tell the difference at all. I bring it around with me daily and have never had problems with the weight or size of it.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

The mbp is slightly larger, but not by much. If you put a macbook on top of a mbp, you'll notice a border all the way around, but it won't be too much larger. The best comparison I can think of is this:

A macbook is about as long as a legal pad. The mbp is longer, but not much wider (aka, from the palm rest to the back of the display).

If you are a student who's on the run constantly and don't have a standard backpack, a macbook would be better. However, if you're going to be using a carrying case or a backpack of decent size (I have a good old fashioned Jansport backpack), the mbp and mb will both fit. I use a sleeve for my mbp and slip it into my backpack. No problems getting it in or out.

Hope this helps.

4. g-ram macrumors newbie

5. mslide macrumors 6502a

The MBP is not much bigger than the MB, but it all comes down to how much you're on the run. For me, there is a huge difference. Others might not care. If the laptop is going to be sitting on a desk most of the time, and money is not an issue, then get the MBP. If you travel a lot, then having the smaller laptop could make a big difference. Keep in mind the case you'd be carrying it in. Having the MB lets you use smaller laptop cases. I use the one sold in the apple stores that is just barely big enough for the MB and power adapter, and it is a heck of a lot smaller than my wife's 15" dell case.