How much space do I need for Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MythicFrost, Oct 26, 2009.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I'm intending to install Windows 7 on my Mac, I have a 160GB Intel X25-M SSD, I've used all but 48GB but I'd like to install Windows 7 in Boot Camp from my SSD.
    I could move a 30-35GB virtual machine over to an internal storage drive, rather than having it on my SSD which would give me 30GB of extra space.

I'd like to only play a few games, Crysis, Battlefield 2142, and so on, it won't be used for much else (apart from development).

How much should I give to it?

2. Terminal.app macrumors 6502

Terminal.app

My Windows 7 partition is 100 GB and I'm feeling the crunch.

3. mac88 macrumors 6502

Have you ever thought of maybe changing to a bigger hard drive? I only ask because with more space you could dedicate more space to Windows to play your games more comfortably. If not, I, personally, would go for around 50-60GB. That would give you some breathing room.

4. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

If you’re just using it for games, I’d say anywhere between 30-50GB is adequate.

5. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Thanks everyone for your replies.
    Ahhh :( lol not good for me then
    I have a 320GB and 1TB internal hard drive, I want the benefits of the Intel X25-M G2 SSD playing games, Intel don't offer any higher capacity than 160GB for the moment.
    OK Thanks