How much space does a typical iPhone Application take?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moloukhya, Apr 29, 2008.

1. moloukhya macrumors regular

With the AppStore nearing release in June, many are discussing the potential need for an increase in storage capacity.

I definitely think this is a legitimate concern, but out of curiousity, how much space does a typical application take on the iPhone? I've never heard anyone address this before.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Most of the stuff in installer that's I've used is a couple hundred K in size. The apps I've been working on with the official SDK are also small. Under a MB.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Some of the larger applications in Installer at the moment are a few megabytes. Other files, like summerboard themes and such can be a few megabytes each, too, if I recall correctly.

Tons of apps, however, are, like the previous poster said, under one megabyte.

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

Most are not more than 3MB.. but we will see proper apps once App store launches.

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

There shouldn't be any difference between a proper app and another app. Do they just copy 'proper' over and over again in the source until they reach 10MB or so :p

Even apps on you computer aren't too big. Except the ones with a lot of audio or graphics. Like games.