Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edward-k

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
My old toshiba laptop finally died, I was using it to run 1 program, microsoft money. I really don't want to buy another PC and was thinking about adding windows to my Imac (24", 2.8ghz, 500gig). I am a little concerned that windows will consume a huge chunk of hard drive space? Also, how hard is it to remove windows if needed?
THanks in advance for any help.
Ed

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
If all you're running is Microsoft Money, why not just purchase Quicken for Mac and export all your money files from MS Money to QIF format and import to Quicken.

I personally like MS Money better than Quicken, but since there is no MS Money for the Mac, Quicken is the next best choice. Certainly a lot easier than installing XP on your iMac and having to put up with all the headaches that go along with Windows. :p

Regards.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
If all you're running is Microsoft Money, why not just purchase Quicken for Mac and export all your money files from MS Money to QIF format and import to Quicken.

That is what I did. Quicken is not nearly as elegant (IMO), but it gets the job done and it runs natively.

edward-k

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2004
Quicken...

I loaded an old version of quicken i had (2006) - it is horrible. Are the newer versions any better? I might just try and create something in excel....Thanks Ed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.