Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I already have iLife '04, that came with my eMac this spring. I'm running out of hard drive space, and I don't think I can afford to lose the 3GB it says it needs. But I'm hoping that when I install '05, it will delete '04, so I'm not losing much HD space.

Can anyone help me out?

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Why not just delete the '04 apps first? Problem solved.

I didn't notice it taking up any more disk space with the upgraded apps.

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
ZildjianKX said:
Why not just delete the '04 apps first? Problem solved.

I didn't notice it taking up any more disk space with the upgraded apps.

Yea but how do I do this? Is it as easy as going into your Applications folder and just throwing the icons out? I'd assume thats the "mac" way... the "easy" way, but I'm still getting used to everything being a peice of cake :rolleyes:

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
johnbro23 said:
Yea but how do I do this? Is it as easy as going into your Applications folder and just throwing the icons out? I'd assume thats the "mac" way... the "easy" way, but I'm still getting used to everything being a peice of cake :rolleyes:
Don't worry about throwing it out. When you update- most of that 3gb is the garageband tracks. They are keeping 99% of them so don't do anything. It will not change your hard drive space at all. It is just like updating an OS it just trashes the old.

kyle

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.