How Much Space?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macman45, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I'm getting my new MBA 13 256 delivered on the 28th, and I have had to bite the bullet and buy Office (full version) for mac.

Does anyone have a rough idea how much space it occupies? I'm not going to be gaming on the Air, will be music and some videos in addition to some editing software. I have also ordered the superdrive so I should be okay as long as I manage the space efficiently?

I'd probably just have one current project on the Air that I can work on at night when I can't sleep....The lightweight was the reason I went for the AIr rather than an MBP

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Student and Teacher 2011 is 1.3GB.

3. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

So I Can

Probably double that with Access and Outlook....Not too bad then:)

4. monokakata macrumors 68000

monokakata

No Access in the Mac version.

You can select which apps you want to install, which means you don't have to have the entire giant thing.

Even so, it's big. I have only Word and Excel (plus whatever's required to support them) installed, and it's about 900 mb.

5. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Can Live With That

In fact, Might just install Word as I have Office on my iMac...Sounds like duplication, but I suffer from a condition which means I sometimes can't sit at my iMac, but can use the Air...:)

6. Macman45 thread starter macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Hellhammer

Many thanks..:)

7. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

Let me understand this. You are getting the MBA because there are times you are unable to use the iMac. If this is a correct statement and you have WiFi, why not use screen sharing (aka remote desktop)? This way all your documents are stored in a central location and you don't have to worry about syncing anything.

Just a thought.