How much structural rigidity will an Apple leather case add to 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dealmaker, Sep 25, 2014.

1. dealmaker macrumors regular

So will I be safe to stick my iPhone 6 plus in my front pocket if I put the Apple leather cover/case on it?? Seems to be fairly rigid - so with the iPhone acting as a "filler" to the case will we be doubling the rigidity of the phone??...or do we need a huge bulky case??

2. McDLT macrumors regular

carry it in the box it came in and you should be fine

3. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

it has been established that 100 pounds of pressure will bend an iphone 6 plus to the point where it present a visible bend.

do the math beyond that

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi

It seems from blogs etc that adding a case will help with any potential bend issue.

My advice is to enjoy your iPhone and try to look past '#gate' issues.

5. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I have my 6+ apple leather case, but not my 6+ (yet).

The case is fairly flexible so I can't imagine that it'll add much in the way of structural integrity. It won't hurt. But ultimately it's soft sided all the way around so...

6. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Don't wear skinny hipster jeans and you'll be fine.

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I'm still not sure how you can bend a phone by having it in your front pocket at all.

8. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Not much. I'd say if you're putting enough pressure on it to bend an aluminum phone, the case will just bend right along with it.

I carry my 6 plus in the Apple leather case in my front pocket and I never feel any sort of pressure on it. I guess it just depends how tight your pants are.

9. tongefactor40 macrumors regular

There was a video out there for the 6+ in a Spigen tough armor case that faired really well during the bend test... the guy really went at it and the bending was very small.

Ultimately I would think that the more rigid cases would fair better - especially with more built-up edges.

I wish someone would come out with a titanium-backed-type case. Just something really stiff.