How much time it takes for a notebook to appear in the "Refurbished" section

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by savage309, May 26, 2013.

1. savage309 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone.
    I am about to buy a refurbished MacBook Pro 15 Retina (1.6k$).

I don't live in USA, so I a friend can bring it to me in the beginning of June or in the beginning of September.

We all know, that it is highly possible to see new Mac's on the WWDC 2013.

Does anybody knows how much time it takes, for a new macbook to "show up" in the refurbished section (I have no money for a "new" one)?
    If new Macs are introduced on WWDC 2013, will they "show up" in the refurbished section until September ? What is the average time it takes product to became "refurbished-available" ?

Do you think it is going to be smarter to buy 15` refurbed Retina now (the price is really good) ?

Best,
    Blago

2. Bear macrumors G3

How long it takes refurbished units to show up for sale depends on a lot of factors. You can expect it to be a few months minimum in most cases and then you have to be lucky for the configuration you want to be available.

3. savage309 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer, I am not really choosy on the configurations - 8gigs, 16gigs of ram, doesn't really matter for me.

So probably it is best to get the 1.6k MacbookPro Retina 15 (it is an year old model hardware, but the price is nice).

I am going to be happy to get any other opinions.

Best,
    Blago.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can use refurb.me to be notified when the model you want becomes available.

5. savage309 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anybody remember when Macbook Pro 15.4 Retina (2.3 GHZ i7, 8 gb Ram, 256SSD) showed up in the refurbished models ?

6. kjb0419 macrumors newbie

It's pretty random, probably just depends on when apple receives/has enough faulty ones that can be repaired and then sold (pretty much all that refurbs are). Probably would only be a few months!

I HIGHLY recommend waiting to see what they come out with, the current retina is not easily upgraded (at least not for novice users) so if you would want to add a better HD I would wait a while.

7. savage309 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ye, i know, but this configuration is fine for me (I am using MacBook 13 2009 model with 160 gigs HDD now).

More likely I will buy this Retina now in stead of waiting.

8. kjb0419 macrumors newbie

I would still wait, if they come out with a newer retina model the current one will be discounted and probably save you a few 100. Especially since its only a few months away (if you can handle waiting that long)