How much time will it take to load?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Juan TS, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Juan TS macrumors member

Hello everyone!

My problem is the following: which desktop or laptop to buy for my mom for Christmas?

The matter is the following: the desktop of the house is actually pretty old, but yet fulfills any requirements everyone does (mail, web browsing, etc.) except for Farmville, a game which my mom loves. The more she levels up, the slower it gets (the PC may have like 6 years and has the Pentium 4 processor!), it takes almost 50 seconds to load and then it is slow when clicking, etc (level 90 I think), and when she goes to higher level neighbours it takes an eternity.

Of course I wanted to buy an iMac,but sadly by Christmas investing such amount of money on it to be upgraded little after is not an attractive idea!

So my questions are:

Firstly, for those who play Farmville and play in +90 levels (or not necessarily), how long does it takes to you to load farmville?
    And also, which cheap desktop, but yet good to flash games, such as farmville, and doing the basics on a computer do you recommend?

Also, I have a Toshiba Satellite A300 with a Centrino duo processor and it loads in about 12 seconds! that is why I would like to know how much time does it takes on even newer pc's. And in a Macbook Pro?

2. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Why don't you build a desktop for her? You could salvage a few parts from her current desktop (case, fans, CD drive, etc) and then spend ~$200 on parts from NewEgg that'll be as good as Best Buy $500-700 PCs.