How much time would it take for a refund?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benna, Sep 2, 2010.

1. benna macrumors regular

I ordered an iP4 from Apple UK store and since I made a mistake on my shipping address, i canceled the first order and made an order again. My debit card was charged for both the orders, but i received a mail from Apple stating that it would be refunded. I was just wondering how much days it would take for the refund to be in my account? It's already been about 4 working days now.

Could anyone help me out with this, how many days did it take it for you to get the refund. PS, Its a debit card.

2. benna thread starter macrumors regular

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

It can sometimes take up to 7-10 days for a refund to post.

It's also possible that you might be seeing a preauthorization. Apple (and most other online merchants) does this prior to shipping an ordered item to ensure available credit is there before sending out something you've ordered. This isn't an actual charge but is basically a held pending transaction that is kept against an expected finalized order. If this is the case, your credit card company is expecting Apple to finalize the order, when in fact, you've canceled that same order and there's nothing to finalize. This will take the same amount of time (7-10 days) to clear up, when your credit card company realizes there's no order to finalize anymore.

4. benna thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks :) The apple orders hasn't been shown on my bank statement yet, but my account balance has be deducted. It might be that Apple might have taken hold of the payment.