Price Advice How much to ask for and where to sell my Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Wonderhaven, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Wonderhaven macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm looking to sell my current Macbook Pro in order to upgrade to the new model announced today. Problem is I'm not sure exactly how much to ask for it and where to sell it at. Right now I'm hoping to get at least $1,800 and can only think of ebay and craigslist as selling options. Hopefully you all can help me out :)

2011 Spring 15 inch Macbook Pro

2.3 GHz processor
    8 gigs ram
    256 gb Crucial M4 ssd
    Radeon 6750m
    2 years remaining on Apple Care + warranty

Computer is in perfect condition and comes with original packaging, manuals, install disc, charging cables, etc. I took the computer out of the box and immediately packed the box and everything inside away so it is all in really good condition.

Any advice you guys could give me would be great! Thanks!

2. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I would try to sell it locally on craigs list. Ebay is way past their prime and no longer a viable place to sell computers. I would search out local free classified ads in newspapers. Many web sites offer free classified ads now.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay, or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.