How much to fix my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tmmidkiff, Oct 29, 2012.

1. tmmidkiff macrumors newbie

I spilled coffee on my MBP a week ago (I know. Rookie move on my part). I shut it off, flipped it upside down, and then took it apart to clean it. I let it dry for about 3 days, and then tried turning it back on, but the power button wouldnt work. I went to sleep and woke up and it was on somehow. Anyway, there were a few problems with it:

1) Power button still doesn't work
    2) It runs much slower
    3) Keyboard doesn't work
    4) Airport doesn't work
    5) Bluetooth doesn't work

How much would it cost to get all this fixed? I managed to back up everything on it, so I'm thinking of getting a new one if the cost of repairs are more than a new Macbook. I can buy a MBP from my university for $1100 before tax. How much would repairs cost, and should I just buy a new computer? Thanks.

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

take it to the apple store, (or better yet, a gray hair at a 3rd party repair shop) and get an estimate from them. Otherwise, you might as well ask up how many fingers you're holding up.

3. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I'm assuming that at that price it's a 13"
    For comparison's sake I'm sitting here with my son's base model current gen 15" cMBP that took a Dr. Pepper dump into it and the Apple estimate was $1240 to fix it and continue with the remainder of it's warranty.