How Much To Put Aside for new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomamon, May 9, 2010.

1. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

Hey guys,

So I won a poker tournament last night and want to put aside some money for the new up coming phone. Would it be safe to put aside $300 for the top of the line model?

Thanks!

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

See one of the multiple threads on what the new iPhone will cost.

3. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

If you are eligible for the complete subsidy, then I would guess yes. UNLESS there will be 3 models. I am borderline wanting to say we will have a 32/64 lineup. I can't tell if we've progressed far enough to see a 64 at $299... maybe they'll switch it up a little and go $349. But what is it you actually need/want? $300 MUST guarantee you at least 32gb I would assume.

4. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

At most, $400 with another 2 year contract. Off contract, at most, maybe $600. That's taking into account a possible "64g" phone. If they continue and only do a 32g phone, then $500 off contract, $299 on contract.

5. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

Yeah, I'm eligible for the discounted updates as of May 1 :)

I'm hoping there is a 64 GB Version!

6. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

Man I guess I might have to wait until my upgrade comes around again in July. I have to go over a year without the new iPhone, damnit! I am willing to pay $300 for a new 32G but anything more then that and my wife would murder me.

7. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

When I look at 32gb, and $299 together it just doens't feel right anymore (this day and age). However, if this is "higher class" iPhone than the norm (video conf./HD video, etc) then I guess so... I guess I just repsonded to my own post, lol.

8. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Psh.. I ain't waintin' nothin'! Gimme my $600 iPhone! lol. I'm thinking about cheating the system. I'm a business customer and I might cancel my contract this month (because it's free) and then re-sign up when iPhone comes out. IDK though, not only does it feel wrong, but it's also a hassle, and I'd lose my nuimber... I heard if you pay at least $100 a month and are a business customer you can upgrade way earlier than normal... the thing is though I get a 24% discount so I am NEVER at $100 - not to mention my 3gs got stolen 3 months ago and I've lowered my plan/rates significantly for my samsung eternity (PUKE). With the current iPhone it says I can upgrade in november or early upgrade now is like $299 for a base 3Gs I think... does that sound like a faster upgrade than [YOU (readers)] would have if you contract renewed at the time of 3Gs?

Sorry for the infamous Double post :( :p

9. AbSoluTc macrumors 601

AbSoluTc

Is Ms. Spears stalking me? :p

Yeah, $299 does seem high these days for a phone. However if it has all the great features I want and more, it will be worth it. If it has that ****** yellow screen again, I will be PISSED!

10. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

HEY I COMMENTED IN THIS THREAD FIRST! :eek: :p

Yeah... and it really doesn't matter if it's a complete rip off or not...
    "If it's shiny and made by apple...:rolleyes:"

11. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Seriously doubtful, there is not 64GB NAND memory. And so far they haven't placed 2 chips in the iPhone. It doesn't look like ther'e's any room for an additional chip in the new one either.

12. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Speaking of... (btw I don't know much about prototypes) I always notice XXGB on the back? I don't get it. How much IS actually in there? Can we not tell from that?

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Since it's XX....nope.

14. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Haha, when I said that, I was referring to the prototype not the XX. Very poor choice or words. Did the phone not have any in it? I don't understand how this works.

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

We don't know for sure how much memory was in it. The finder only had access to it for a short time before it was unbootable.

There was some talk of memory quantity at one point, but it didn't jive with known chip sizes so I think most concluded it was false information. And the chips size/model was never revealed due to being covered by a metal frame.

16. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

I can't imagine it won't have a size increase, I think it is pretty much fact they find some way to get it up to 64.

17. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

If you know anything about the internals of the iPhone, it will make it easier to imagine.

18. CptAwesome macrumors member

19. Tankfantry macrumors regular

Tankfantry

Just found out that new next upgrade is in December so I won't have to wait until next summer, awesome!