How much to replace 2010 15" MBP screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reimer, May 12, 2015.

1. Reimer macrumors regular

Reimer

Any ideas how much it would cost to replace/repair a 2010 15" MBP screen? If it's still possible I mean. I don't know whether they'll still carry the parts for it.

I've yet to see how bad the actual damage is since it's a family members laptop and they're an hour away at the moment.

But assuming the screen itself needs to be replaced entirely, I'm wondering what the cost is and if it's even worth it. I live in Toronto, Canada btw.

2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

It would probably be best to take it into an Apple Store or call an authorized service provider. Asking strangers on a forum probably won't yield very good answers regarding repair costs. The parts still exist...iFixit still sells them and I would imagine any Apple repair shop could still get them.

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

And if you're reasonably handy with your hardware replacements, you can even install it yourself.

4. Reimer thread starter macrumors regular

Reimer

Thanks

I'm thinking it might not be worth the cost anyway

Temporarily though, I was thinking of advising them to get a mini displayport to HDMI adapter/cable. If the screen stops working completely, will they still be able to configure the second screen via mini DP to HDMI on a TV?

Meaning they don't need to see anything on the main laptop screen to configure the TV right?