How much weight has the Apple Watch helped you lose?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Itsedstech, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

Hey guys just felt like starting a thread to share some weight loss stories, and to help motivate each other to keep on going! Before i got my apple watch i told myself if I was going to spend this much on a watch I was going to force myself to make good use of the health tracking features. Im a pretty lazy guy, 5 foot 8 in. and 20 years old, weighed 180 pounds when i got my apple watch, so while not being extremely overweight whatsoever, my bmi still considered me overweight. So i set out on a goal of hitting the gym 3 times a week. Ive had a gym membership since last september and prior to getting the watch at the end of april I had only gone to the gym about 4 times. Well the first week I did go to the gym 3 times, but i felt my rings didnt look good with every other one being incomplete, needless to say i know hit all my goals 7 days a week, and have gone down 11 pounds so far! my muscle has definitely gone up, and i feel more energetic then ever!

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

4. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Very nice. None so far, but I refuse to lose weight until it starts giving me activity achievement badges. Yeah, that's why... ;)

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I haven't gone to the doctor for a real weigh-in yet, but I've dropped two pants sizes. I attribute most of that to the constant reminders from my Apple Watch, and the urge to complete my circles.

6. ThaRagingAsian macrumors 6502

ThaRagingAsian

everytime it reminds me to get up, I go to the vending machine. I gained :(

7. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Exactly. It reminded me to get up once when I was sitting at the computer and I went to get a jar of peanuts out.

8. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

none (i'm not trying to lose anything). but it does get me off my butt at work at least once an hour! so that's definitely a good thing healthwise!

I already worked out every morning... but we all know that a morning workout doesn't negate what happens when you sit all day! so I like that the watch (and it's silly little achievement that I just LOVE!) get me moving!

9. Seekeroftruth macrumors member

10. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

11. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I've lost about 10 pounds since getting the watch.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Like another poster upthread, I'm not trying to lose weight -- I could probably do with gaining some weight. But the watch has definitely gotten me more active, and thinking about starting a regular exercise regimen, so I can get more fit and start filling in those exercise circles.

13. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

weight loss cuz of the watch? really? it's a watch, not a miracle worker. LOL

14. Itsedstech thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah, motivated me.

15. srshaw macrumors 6502

I think I've put weight on... The health aspects don't really interest me other than basic step counting. i wear my Garmin watches for running.

It would be nice when the calories and steps recorded with my garmin and get uploaded to Apple health on my iphone fine could then be uploaded to the watch and help move the circles.

16. JediAlejandro macrumors member

JediAlejandro

You, sir, are winning at life! :p

17. Javabird macrumors 6502

18. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

19. CharlesShaw, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2015

CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

5 lbs, but not from exercise (I regularly exercised already, and my circles seem to be completed daily without any extra effort), but because I put myself on a VERY strict budget back in April to pay for the Apple Watch. I figured I could reward myself with a more expensive model (SS with link bracelet AND a few other bands) if I used money I'd normally have (literally) pissed away, so I stopped drinking beer and switched to inexpensive wine sold at Trader Joe's (hence my user name) which I only drink when I'm eating dinner.

So yes, the watch technically did help with my weight loss, even though I've only had it a week.

20. iwayne macrumors 6502

iwayne

21. ElctrcJellyfish macrumors member

I am about 5 lbs down, but my body fat percentages are shifting so it's really -8.7 lbs of fat, +3.7 lbs of muscle. I am 100% fine with this.