How much will 13" macbook pro's be refurbished?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Phatferd, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Phatferd macrumors newbie

I am in the market of buying a mac laptop. I was going to buy a macbook because of my budget, however, with the recent changes things have changed. I plan on buying refurbished because it doesn't bother me and I think it's always the best deal. I have a PC that will be my "power machine" and really just want the mac because I want a reliable efficient laptop that I can drag to school.

I am thinking of getting the white macbook for $749, however, if the new macbook pros ($1199) are sold for $1000 refurbished, then I may want to jump on that deal.

Anyone have an educated guess on what the price of these will be once they pop up on the refurbished site and how long does it usually take for them to be sold as refurbished from their inception?

I'm not in a hurry to buy, I can wait a couple months.

Thanks!

2. boston44 macrumors 6502

The had the aluminum macbook for $949 refurbished yesterday, and the older model is usually $50 than the current one (see blackbook, macbook alu). Therefore, I would guess $999 for a refurbished 2.26..

3. Phatferd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I was guessing it'd be right around the $1,000 mark. Do you have any idea how soon we will start seeing them pop up on apples refurbished shopping site? What's the average time it usually takes to start seeing new models appear as refurbs?

4. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

I don't know for sure, but I would guess it would be about a month (if not a week or so under).

edit: pricing probably around 1000 (give or take 50$)

5. InfoTime macrumors 6502

I think you can get a printer with it and get a $100 rebate. After you sell the printer on eBay it reduces your overall expense by a net of about $60. So, make that $940 for your 13.3" MBP.

6. rhcpfan0 macrumors newbie

How much would you guys guess the high end 15" would be?
    I'm trying to decide if I should buy the 2.53 refurb now, or wait for this one to go to the refurb store for the battery life.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I wouldn't expect to see them for the next month or so...If you do see them soon, it will be rather limited, remember the Refurb Store's stock is constantly changing.

The general rule of thumb is that it will be somewhere between 12-16% off. A better guess is to then figure out what sorta solid numbers fall in between: either $100, $150, $200 off - Apple normally does that as opposed to $132.25 off.