How much will a first gen iPhone be worth after June?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juanm, Apr 28, 2008.

1. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Hi!

I'm thinking about getting an iPhone. I only use my old tiny screen Nokia to call and send messages, but I had a touch for about two weeks and loved when I could go on the internet via wifi, so I'm thinking about getting two iPhones (one for my gf, one ofr me) when the Second Generation iPhones are announced, as many people will try to sell their current ones. (unless they add GPS, in which case I'll get an old one and a new one)

How much do you think an 8~16GB iPhone will cost second hand, in mint condition after the new ones are available? With the €/$ exchange rate, they will certainly be cheap!

In other words, to those who own one, and plan to sell them, how much will you ask?

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm not selling mine, but I would probably try to get $300 for this 8GB model. I got it for $250, so such a sale would rock if I could afford a new one.

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I'll probably try to sell mine for around $300 when the new iPhone comes out.

4. drchipinski macrumors 6502

drchipinski

I think they will be sub $200. Apple will lower their price, plus you will have hundreds of thousands all selling them which will lower the demand and lower the price. Just a thought. :eek:

5. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

mmmh... 125~150€ certainly sounds good! :p

My nokia has a tiny screen with lots of dead pixels... and my girlfriend's phone (an old Samsung) lacks its battery cover, randomly shuts off, and takes a minute or so to launch whatever it works on.

I can't wait for the 3G iPhone! :p

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I think you are right.

All those $300+ prices are far too optimistic/unrealistic.
    As you say there probably will be a flood of 2nd hand 2st gen iPhones on the market.

7. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

when 3g comes out
    go outside
    scoop up some dirt in your hand
    sell it and buy an iphone 2.5g with that money

8. juanm thread starter macrumors 65816

juanm

Funny thing: they'll go for about the same as the iPod Touch! :eek: