How much will apple charge me to fix my 2G iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ljump12, Jul 13, 2009.

1. ljump12 macrumors 6502

I have a jailbroken 2G iPhone that i bought straight from AT&T about 2 years ago. Recently many pixels have been going bad on the screen, the battery life is pretty weak (often cant last the day), and just today i dropped it and cracked the glass screen.

Granted, the iPhone still works fine... but it has a lot of issues now. Would apple fix all these problems, and at what cost? I should also note that i've never had AT&T service, not that it really matters now - since i'm out of warranty anyway.

I'm wondering if they would just offer me a replacement phone for a cost of like $200 or something... Or if they'll say we cant do anything, just buy a new one.

Thanks for any help
    -Brian

2. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

You'll probably get a refurb replacement. Go 3rd party if you want it fixed.

3. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Out of warranty, I just got offered a fix for $199. If you bring it to them Jailbroken though, and they see this, they will take note of it, and your warranty is voided from there on out, with no exceptions, and no way around it.

Ah, and your screen being broken, that's fault of the user. They won't just fix it, and may blame other issues with it as your fault, and charge you the full price for a new one.

4. bredfan macrumors newbie

You may as well just go for the upgrade at this point, but it certainly can't hurt to ask. You definitely qualify for the $199 price. Or even $99 for a regular 3G.

The only downfall of this is the minimum $10 increase in you monthly bill.