How much will At&t charge me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michial, Oct 28, 2010.

1. michial macrumors 6502

michial

Bought two 32gb iphone 4's from apple store 2.5 months ago. Had to cancel service on monday due to 2-3 dropped calls "a day" from work and home in Seattle and Lynnwood WA. (not exactly rural) Horrible call quality compared to my several years with Verizon and not "one" dropped call in several years! We have converted over completely from windows to apple. We have an imac, macbook pro, ipad, and appletv, but this att call quality is horrendous. So while we hate to not have the iphone the quality of the carrier doesnt justify the monthly price.

Sold both phones on craigslist for 600 a piece. I just paid my bill in advance a few days before for the rest of this month and through most of next month of November.

How much is the etf per line. Since its been 2 months is it $305 per phone? I assume it is. Plus prorated fees which Im not sure what that will be. Our monthly bill was about 165 a month total, and I just paid it in advance through most of next month. Hopefully the 600 per phone covered my cancellation. Did it?

Im back with Verizon using my old phone without a contract. What a difference in call quality. Its strong and clear with fabulous reception, almost like a land line. Hopefully a iphone will be coming soon.

How much will att charge me? thanks

2. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

sorry to hear that your back w/ verizon.

why dont you just call at&t and ask? thats the only way you'll know how much you are paying for sure.

3. michial thread starter macrumors 6502

michial

Sorry, IMO Verizon is way better as far as call quality. All carriers have questionable customer service etc. But I need a phone that is a good "phone" first and foremost.
    I believe the iphone 4 is the best phone on the market but ATT is not good where I live. Its real spottty. Sometimes just within a few blocks?
    Is the etf 325 per line
    What is proration in the sense of how long in advance etc. One month two?

4. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

it goes down $10/month of service per line.

you'll get a final bill, just pay it then.
    Hopefully Iphone hits Verizon in a few months. I know my wife is dying to switch back to verizon, her contrat expires in june. I'm still locked in for another year and half.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

With all due respect... I don't understand why it takes people to realize that their Coverage sucks for 1-2 months. You should know whether your coverage is good or not in less than 1 week...
    Also, When you switched back to Verizon, you might want to make sure that Veizon didn't put you on 2 year contract.

6. michial thread starter macrumors 6502

michial

There is no repect in that comment. Im not asking you to judge my situation in why and when we cancelled, Whoever you are. I was merely asking if you knew about etf and proration. THe att rep couldnt tell me and to wait for the final bill which could be over a month out, so I was just curious, thats all. So glad you think you are aware I handled the situation poorly or in bad time..lame

7. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

I just read your post in the "iPhone4 quote how much" thread and it appears to me that it's that time of the month for you. Why don't you just do us all a favor and stop posting until you feel better eh?

OP - per the post above, it reduces $10 per month. At roughly around $300 per phone that seems like a lot but I guess given that the phone was $199 each and sold for $600 each, you'll actually be a little bit ahead.

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

The OP had the 32GB iPhone 4. $300. Plus taxes plus activation fees. Probably brings the total to around $350 as his cost basis.

He sold it for $600. And his ETF with a couple of months credit is around $300.

So profit margin $250-ETF $300. Means he's losing about $50 plus service fees.

That's not bad considering he basically "rented" am iPhone 4 for a few months.

That's why I never understood why people complain about ETG. Sell ur iPhone 4 to subsidize your own ETF. You won't lose much money to go to another provider.

9. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

I am quite sure on your very 1st AT&T bill, you pay for 2 months of service (1 month in advance) just like everybody, so you should get money back from AT&T, call them and find out.

10. InfinitiG macrumors 6502

its hilarious that people think the poor call quality is due to AT&T
    Try using a Nokia on AT&T and see how many dropped calls you get

11. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Odd, I live in Lynnwood and I don't have issues with connection here *shrug*.

And as other people said, ask AT&T.