Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbeFroman77

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2010
15 MBP Mid-2015
  • 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 (Crystalwell)
  • 16GB RAM
  • 512GB
  • AMD Radeon R9 M370X

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
You 'll gets much as someone is willing to pay. There will be a lot of second hand macs on the market when the new ones come out as many people have been waiting for this update (no idea why I think they are all going to be mildly disappointed myself). So expect a competitive market and lower prices than normal for secondhand machines.

Aneef

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2015
Lahore, Pakistan
Maybe it's just me but I don't understand this constant selling of Macs upgrading at every cycle. I don't mean to be naive, but is it just so you can always have the latest Mac? I would find it more trouble than it's worth!
I'm also thinking of selling my mid 2014 15" rMBP due to the reason that my warranty expires this April. So either I have to get an Apple Care worth around 299$ (to be on the safe side in future) or sell this Mac, bear the loss and get a new one. Probably for an additional 400$ I can get a new Mac. Still deciding what to do.

r6mile

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2010
London, UK
I'm also thinking of selling my mid 2014 15" rMBP due to the reason that my warranty expires this April. So either I have to get an Apple Care worth around 299$ (to be on the safe side in future) or sell this Mac, bear the loss and get a new one. Probably for an additional 400$ I can get a new Mac. Still deciding what to do.

But surely doing this every year, at a loss of $400 every year, is not at all economical? Am I missing something?

AbeFroman77

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 29, 2010
Maybe it's just me but I don't understand this constant selling of Macs upgrading at every cycle. I don't mean to be naive, but is it just so you can always have the latest Mac? I would find it more trouble than it's worth!
I will be needing a MBP for work (new services I will be providing from my business). If the new one comes out within a couple months I should be ok but if it doesn't come out til late this year, I won't be able to provide these new services.

So, I was thinking to go ahead and buy one now so I have a portable machine for work without waiting any longer than I have to. If the new one is worth getting based on real usefulness and without losing more than few hundred dollars, I'll sell the 2015 15" MBP

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
15 MBP Mid-2015
  • 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 (Crystalwell)
  • 16GB RAM
  • 512GB
  • AMD Radeon R9 M370X

I have the exact same, and every aspect of it has been completely solid so far. I wouldn't sell mines right away, you never know what issues may come up with the new MBP. Now if they offer a version with 32GB ram, I'll sell my current MBP in a heartbeat.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Check the comparable price on the refurb store and figure yours will sell for about 10-15% less than the current refurb price.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I have the exact same, and every aspect of it has been completely solid so far. I wouldn't sell mines right away, you never know what issues may come up with the new MBP. Now if they offer a version with 32GB ram, I'll sell my current MBP in a heartbeat.
Why? Are you really using 16GB? What do you do?

I would say that 20% off of refurb pricing would do the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.